Sunday 13 April 2014

A monster of a lab

Two weeks ago we enjoyed the sun, today it's raining


Sometimes, I overdo things. This weekend, I wrote a Chemistry lab report of 18 pages (18!). Perhaps a tad bit too much, but most of the tables, graphs and images were highly relevant so what can I do? Why did I decide on Chemistry to begin with?

School here is speeding up, slowly but surely. Suddenly I realize that most of my days, evenings and weekends are dedicated to studying (or, oftentimes, doing other things while thinking about studying). We have first year exams in a few weeks (I'm scared to count the days, to be honest) and in most subjects we've started on IA's, not to mention that we have started our EE's as well.

The saddest thing is that this is the time to socialize as well. In just a few weeks (again, I try not to count) our second years will leave and we don't know when (or if) we will meet again. I'm so fortunate to have met so many fantastic people but it's disheartening to know that many of them I will only meet during the one year we share this place.

In an hour or so, I will take part of a student council meeting as an actual member for the very first time. Exciting and a tad bit nerve wrecking, but I'm sure it will be fine. In no time, it will be this time next year and we will be handing it over to a new group of excited first years.

My maths books are calling (no better way to procrastinate than to write a blog post?) and I should get back to it. Life is busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment