Wednesday 28 May 2014

No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing 
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before
-The Call, Regina Spektor

My beautiful roomie grauduating
Second years left Saturday. I had, prior to it, been worried that I wouldn't be able to cry, that I wouldn't feel as sad as I should. As it turns out, I shouldn't have worried - the last few days, several people have told me that I cried like a baby, and also laughed at me. Maybe that sums it up quite nicely - laughing and crying at the same time. Graduation was beautiful, but saying good bye to friends and roomie-family was horrible. I'm so proud of the great futures they have ahead of them, but this place is empty without them. I feel as if they will burst through the door any time, only they don't and instead it's quiet and empty. 

A few impressions of the last week
  • I'm bad at goodbyes - terribly bad
  • Yearbooks are great things
  • "A chair is still a chair, even when there's no one sitting there. But a chair is not a house, and a house is not a home, when there's no one there."
  • I'm ready to be a second year - today Ro and I prepared packages for our first years with gifts from our second years
  • Deer are beautiful animals (we went to Svanoy Deer Farm straight after graduation with all the first years)
  • Being busy isn't quite as bad when it's light enough to sit without lights on at 10:30 in the evening
  • I react very differently to lack of sleep in different situations - before graduation I got a migraine, but today I'm completely fine
  • Even small things from second years make my corner a little cosier (M's curtains, A's bag, H's lights, R's whiteboard...)
A year is a very short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment